Sunday, April 5, 2009

Ariel Cupcakes






Little Alex requested that her birthday cupcakes have the best Disney princess of all time..... Ariel! This was her FOURTH year in a row she wanted an Ariel birthday cake theme, so I knew I had to do something different.

I wanted the buttercream to have the look of water, so I used buttercream in three different colors, put them all in the same piping bag, and piped as usual. The result was a marbled buttercream and a lot of dimension. The sea life was made with cherry twizzlers and gum paste which I dyed, cut (with gumpaste flower cutters) and stamped. In the end, the assembly of these cupcakes was very easy, and the project was SO fun!


1 comment:

Grammy'sgirl said...

Jennyfer,

These cupcakes not only looked beautiful, they were delicious!!! And Alex loved the whole Ariel theme. We had so many wonderful compliments and everyone asking for your business card. Thank you for making her birthday special.

Jorge